The Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB), established by legislation in 1910, is the regulatory body for the practice of pharmacy in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. To fulfill its obligation of public protection, NLPB:
- registers pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and interns, and licenses pharmacies.
- establishes and maintains a quality assurance program to promote high standards for the practice of pharmacy.
- develops standards, guidelines and policies for the practice of pharmacy.
- responds to and manages complaints and discipline relating to the practice of pharmacy.
Advancing pharmacy care for a safe and healthy community.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board protects the people of the province by governing the profession of pharmacy to ensure quality and ethical care.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board’s activities and decisions are based on the following core values:
- Accountability: We stand by the same ethical behaviour and moral standards that we ask of our registered pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and student interns. It is our responsibility to the people of the province to ensure registrants are providing safe and quality pharmacy care in accordance with the Pharmacy Act, 2012, its Regulations, By-laws and Code of Ethics.
- Collaboration: Collaboration plays a significant role in everything we do. It is a value we encourage our registrants to embrace, and one we hold ourselves to every day to continue working together towards enhancing self-regulation of pharmacy practice.
- Integrity: We act with integrity to advance pharmacy practice for the people of the province. Our actions are based on what is in the best interest for the public; our activities support the optimization of patient-focused pharmacy care, thus, promoting safe and healthy communities.
- Transparency: Transparency is a priority and is integrated throughout the organization. We continually make our best effort to effectively communicate Board approved goals, actions, and endeavours so that the public, our registrants and stakeholders are well-informed.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB) has two social media accounts for sharing information, key messages, news and events with the public, our registrants and stakeholders. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @nlpharmacyboard.