All pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students, and pharmacy interns are required to register with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB).
For information on registering as a regulated pharmacy professional, choose the appropriate title below:
For a list of applicable fees and timeline estimates, visit the Fees & Timelines page.
All applicants must meet the following requirements in addition to the requirements specific to the type of registration they choose:
- Attending or completed an approved educational program;
- A certificate of conduct from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or another appropriate agency, issued within the past six months;
- English Language Proficiency Requirements for Registration;
- Professional Liability Insurance Requirements for Registration; and
- Photo Identification Requirements for Registration
All applicants applying to register as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician must also meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the NLPB Registration Exam
- Request for Letter of Standing
- Pharmacy professionals can request a letter of standing through the NLPB Registrant Portal under Document Request in the main menu.
- Scanning Guidelines and Checklist for Document Submissions