Any person wishing to practice as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in Newfoundland and Labrador is required to successfully complete the NLPB Registration Examination. The exam is designed to assess the applicant’s knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply provincial acts and regulations, bylaws, standards of practice, guidelines, and policies as they pertain to the practice of pharmacy in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 4:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 4:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 4:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 5:00-8:00 pm
NLPB reserves the right to cancel an exam sitting if there is insufficient enrollment. If an exam sitting is cancelled, applicants will be notified at least two weeks prior to the date of the sitting and any fees paid will be applied to a future sitting.
The deadline to register for each exam sitting is four weeks prior to the exam date.
Monthly scheduled exam sittings (listed above) are held at the Prince Philip Drive Campus of the College of the North Atlantic (CNA) in St. John’s. Additional exam locations may be requested at the following CNA campus locations:
- Corner Brook
- Grand Falls-Windsor
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Labrador City
To apply to write the exam at one of these locations, please contact Registration at email@example.com.
To be eligible to register for the registration exam, you must be
- an approved applicant, who is currently registered as a pharmacist or a pharmacy technician in another province in Canada,
- an international pharmacy graduate, who is registered as an intern with NLPB,
- a pharmacy technician student who is enrolled in or has completed the final semester of a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy technician program, who is preregistered with NLPB, or
- a pharmacy student who is enrolled in or has completed the final semester of a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy program, who is registered as a student or intern with NLPB.
- Register for an exam sitting: Eligible candidates can apply to register for the NLPB Registration exam by completing and submitting the application below:
Once reviewed, the applicant will be sent a confirmation email including their exam sitting date, location, and other related information at least two weeks prior to the date of the sitting. Once approved, applicants may request a one-time change to a later date at the same location. The request must be made no less than one week prior to the original date of the sitting.
Scoring and Results
- Applicants will be advised within two weeks following the scheduled exam date whether they were “successful” or “not successful” in completing the registration exam requirements. No final mark or exam paper will be returned to any applicant.
For a list of applicable fees and timeline estimates, visit the Fees & Timelines page.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the NLPB Registration Exam is open-book, the NLPB does not provide printed material for purchase. The Registration Examination Interpretation Guide, linked below, includes an appendix that lists the applicable references that applicants should refer to when preparing for the exam and can bring into the exam with them if they wish.
For more details regarding the Registration Exam, please review the NLPB’s Registration Examination Interpretation Guide.