Any person wishing to practice as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in Newfoundland and Labrador is required to successfully complete the NLPB Registration Examination. The exam is designed to assess the applicant’s knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply provincial acts and regulations, bylaws, standards of practice, guidelines, and policies as they pertain to the practice of pharmacy in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The NLPB Registration Exam sittings are held on a monthly basis at the Prince Philip Drive Campus of the College of the North Atlantic (CNA).
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 5:00-8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 5:00-8:00pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 5:00-8:00pm
NLPB reserves the right to cancel an exam sitting if there is insufficient enrollment. If an exam sitting is cancelled, any fees paid will be applied to a future sitting.
The deadline to register for each exam sitting is two weeks prior to the exam date.
Monthly scheduled exam sittings (listed above) are held at Prince Philip Drive Campus of the College of the North Atlantic (CNA) in St. John’s, Room C209. Additional exam locations may be requested at the following CNA campus locations:
- Corner Brook
- Grand Falls-Windsor
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Labrador City
To register to write the exam at one of these locations, please contact Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exam sittings at locations outside of St. John’s, NL are scheduled on an as-needed basis and dates will be confirmed at that time.
To be eligible to register for the registration exam, you must be
- an approved applicant, who is currently registered as a pharmacist or a pharmacy technician in another province in Canada,
- an international pharmacy graduate, who is registered as an intern with NLPB,
- a pharmacy technician student who is enrolled in or has completed the final semester of a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy technician program, who is preregistered with NLPB, or
- a pharmacy student who is enrolled in or has completed the final semester of a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy program, who is registered as a student or intern with NLPB.
- Pre-register with NLPB: If you are not already registered with NLPB as a pharmacy student or intern, you must pre-register prior to registering for the exam. The pre-registration application, along with all required documentation should be received at the NLPB office at least 7 days prior to the exam registration deadline in order to allow sufficient time for processing. After the pre-registration is processed and approved, you will be emailed a username and password to access the online NLPB registrant portal. To pre-register, fill out the applicable form below or contact our Registration division at email@example.com.
- Register for an exam sitting: Eligible candidates can apply to register for the NLPB Registration exam by completing and submitting the application below
*Please note: NLPB is currently in the process of transitioning to a new Registrant Portal. Online registration will be unavailable until further notice.
For a list of applicable fees and timeline estimates, visit the Fees & Timelines page.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the NLPB Registration Exam is open-book, the NLPB does not provide printed material for purchase. The Registration Examination Interpretation Guide, linked below, includes an appendix that lists the applicable references that applicants should refer to when preparing for the exam and can bring into the exam with them if they wish.
For more details regarding the Registration Exam, please review the NLPB’s Registration Examination Interpretation Guide.