Complaints and Discipline Administrator
Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB) is the regulatory body for pharmacy practice in Newfoundland and Labrador. NLPB’s mission is to protect the public by governing the pharmacy profession to ensure quality and ethical care. To fulfill its obligation of public protection, NLPB:
- Registers pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and interns, and licenses pharmacies
- Establishes and maintains a quality assurance program to promote high standards for pharmacy practice
- Develops standards, guidelines and policies for pharmacy practice
- Responds to and manages complaints and discipline relating to pharmacy practice
NLPB is seeking applications for a full-time, Complaints and Discipline Administrator.
The Complaints and Discipline Administrator supports NLPB’s Complaints and Discipline Department in the administration of NLPB’s complaints and discipline processes and policies. The Complaints and Discipline Department processes complaints filed against pharmacy professionals – from initial receipt of a complaint through to resolution – which may involve alternative dispute resolution, committee review, administrative tribunal hearings, or court proceedings.
The Complaints and Discipline Administrator is the initial contact point for all complaints and discipline inquiries to NLPB. The Complaints and Discipline Administrator has exceptional organizational skills and communicates with all parties involved in the complaints and discipline process in a professional, objective, and trauma-informed manner.
- Respond to or refer emails and telephone inquiries related to complaints and discipline issues.
- Provide general information to the public regarding the complaints and discipline process.
- Receive and process complaints.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic complaints and discipline files.
- Manage correspondence and other complaints and discipline documents.
- Track and maintain timelines for complaints and discipline matters, including disciplinary hearings and court matters.
- Provide administrative support to NLPB’s General Counsel and Director of Complaints & Discipline, investigators, Complaints Authorization Committee (CAC), and Discipline Panel.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of:
- Documents for CAC meetings, discipline hearings, and court matters
- Complaints and discipline reports for quarterly board meetings and the Annual Report.
- Communications related to complaints and discipline, including newsletter publications, content for the NLPB website, and uploads to legal databases.
- Complaints and discipline policies.
- Any other legal correspondence, as requested.
- Provide general administrative support to the NLPB office, as requested.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional, objective, and trauma-informed manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in collaboration with other staff members in a small team-based environment.
- Organized, efficient, and effectively manages a varied workload.
- Ability to handle complaints with sensitivity and objectivity.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Experienced with handling confidential information.
- Flexible and able to adapt to different duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude towards new initiatives and technologies.
- Completion of a relevant college diploma or bachelor’s degree (e.g. Business Administration, Legal Administration, Paralegal Studies, or Public Sector Administration)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and how your work experience has prepared you for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for this position is November 17, 2023. While NLPB appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.