Office Administrator & Executive Assistant
Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB) is the regulatory body for pharmacy practice in Newfoundland and Labrador. NLPB’s mission is to protect the public by governing the pharmacy profession to ensure quality and ethical care. To fulfill its obligation of public protection, NLPB:
- Registers pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and interns, and licenses pharmacies
- Establishes and maintains a quality assurance program to promote high standards for pharmacy practice
- Develops standards, guidelines and policies for pharmacy practice
- Responds to and manages complaints and discipline relating to pharmacy practice
NLPB is seeking applications for a full-time, Office Administrator & Executive Assistant.
The Office Administrator provides administrative support to the organization including reception and daily office management which requires forward-thinking individuals capable of discretion, professionalism, initiative and judgement. This position also acts as an executive assistant to the Registrar & CEO, ensuring a high level of personal and office organization and efficiency.
- Daily office support functions including reception.
- Responding to or redirecting inquiries.
- Maintain confidential files, filing systems and databases.
- Support various projects including coordination of daily logistics, scheduling, and communications regarding services provided.
- Assist with payroll, internal accounting and coordinate with bookkeeper and accountant.
- Participate in financial reporting.
- Managing the Registrar & CEO’s schedule, including arranging travel and meetings.
- Composing and tracking correspondence to ensure timely follow-up and completion.
Meetings and Events
- Act as recording secretary for NLPB Board of Directors and its various committees including arranging and participating in meetings as required, taking meeting minutes and ensuring required follow-up is conducted.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, training sessions and other events as required, including:
- Securing appropriate meeting venues, technologies and communication tools
- Coordinating catering, accommodations and travel
- Managing meetings on-site and virtually
- Preparation and distribution of agendas and supporting documents
- Process invoices and meeting expense claims
- Prepare reports, surveys, memos, letters, spreadsheets and presentations
- Create, capture and retain documents (electronic and hard copy) as per records management policy
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and communicates professionally
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in collaboration with other staff members
- Organized, efficient and effectively manages a varied workload
- Able to multi-task
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude towards new initiatives and technologies
- Completion of a relevant college diploma or bachelor’s degree (e.g. Office Administration Program, Business Administration, or Public Sector Administration)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in preparation of high-quality reports and correspondence
- Experience in coordinating meetings and events
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Experience in supporting board governance considered an asset
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and how your work experience has prepared you for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for this position is October 27, 2023. While NLPB appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.